Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I Blew It!

Well, I blew that one, huh? So much for being more mindful in my writing. I was reading one of my favorite blogs earlier today. It's by Jeff Adams, my pastor. You can find it at KCBT.org. He wrote the most recent entry just to debrief over the recent loss of a friend.
You know, we all need to debrief, probably more frequently than we give ourselves the opportunity to do so.
Writing is a way that I debrief. Funny, but I didn't know how wonderfully relaxing it can be until just a few years ago. It's like the words float out of your head, down to the fingertips and then magically appear on screen (or paper) before you. When they are out from you, there is more space inside to allow for refilling, or refueling, if you will. I imagine it like exhaling on a frosty morning. The warm breath leaves your lungs/body, and escapes into the chill of the cold air. And there, all of a sudden, right in front of you, is a wispy white reminder drifting away. Same thing. Once that breath is gone from your body, there is now room for more. . .
I guess I am certainly talking to myself in that I don't take/make the time for refueling like I should. Progress takes time, and for those who know me, you know that patience isn't one of my strong suits! If there is a problem, there must be a solution, and the first one to the solution wins!
Too bad life isn't that easy. Life makes you go methodically through all of the steps, never shortcutting or missing one!
Well, on your way to progress, whatever that may look like in your life right now, please don't forget to relax a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment